Terms & Conditions
TRADING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk.
Thank you for visiting Ogden of Harrogate online. We pride ourselves In looking after our customers and are here to ensure that you receive the best service at all times, whether online or in our shops. Please do feel free to contact us at any time if you feel you would like further help or information.
You acknowledge that to use this website you must be 18 years of age or over and are responsible for your actions as the terms and conditions dictate.
In the use of this website or any of our services you are bound by these terms and conditions, and may not rely on any terms or conditions or representations other than those outlined here.
You may also not vary these terms and conditions without the written consent of Ogden of Harrogate Ltd. If you do not wish to comply with or be bound by these terms and conditions please do not use our website.
Nothing in any contract or agreement between you and Ogden of Harrogate Ltd is intended to prejudice your statutory rights.
If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid the remainder will still stand.
ACCESS OF WEBSITE
The website of www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk is provided on an 'as and when available basis'. We offer no representation or warranty to the effect that the website or services offered via the website will be accessible, useable or error-free.
Ogden of Harrogate Ltd cannot assume any liability for any interruptions to the access of the website which are beyond our control (e.g. communication and technical failures). Should interruption occur we will use reasonable endeavours to rectify the situation, although we are under no obligation to do so.
Ogden of Harrogate Ltd shall not be liable for failure to perform its obligations outlined in these terms and conditions to the extent that such failure is caused by any cause beyond its reasonable control. The following shall be regarded as causes beyond Ogden of Harrogate Ltd's reasonable control:
- Acts of God, explosions, flood, tempest, lightning or fire, act or accident, global or national pandemic;
- Acts of terrorism;
- Omission of Government, highways authorities, war or the threat of war, military operations, sabotage, riot, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition;
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of Ogden of Harrogate Ltd or third parties);
- Power failure or breakdown of equipment or the Network.
GOODS, PRICING AVAILABILITY AND SUITABILITY
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and up to date, from time to time errors do occur and Ogden of Harrogate Ltd will not be held liable for any errors, omissions or price changes. In the event that we are out of stock of an item we will contact you to advise you of the lead time or offer you a suitable alternative product.
Title of goods
Title of goods does not pass to the purchaser until such time as the goods are paid for in full and Ogden of Harrogate has accepted the order. The automated email confirming receipt of the order does not constitute acceptance of the order by Ogden of Harrogate Ltd.
We accept all major debit and credit cards, cheques and direct payment transfers.
Credit Card Security
At www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk we endeavour to provide a secure method of payment. For this reason, we process payment through a secure protocol, which employs high levels of security. Please note that we do not store customers' credit card information. You use this service at your own risk.
If you are not entirely satisfied for any reason whatsoever with your decision to purchase an item from www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk you may request a full refund within 30 days of receipt of your purchase. We will gladly refund your transaction in full either by cheque or to the original debit or credit card used at the time of purchase. The only conditions are that the item is undamaged and has not been opened or used and the item is returned to our business address.
Goods must be received by us in the condition they left us i.e. in the original packaging and unused. Refunds will be made within 7 days of the arrival of the product into our store.
If you are based in the UK and notify Ogden of Harrogate Ltd that you wish to return the item(s) for a refund, we will either send you pre-paid packaging to send the item(s) back to us fully insured at our cost or reimburse your costs in returning it to us safely, upon submission of a receipt. Customers outside the UK requesting a refund will need organise safe and insured passage of the product back to Ogden of Harrogate Ltd at their cost.
Ogden of Harrogate Ltd also trading as Ogden of Harrogate, Ogdens and Little Diamond Shop (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy and any other documents referred to on it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ogden of Harrogate, 38 James Street, Harrogate HG1 1RQ.
Information we may hold on you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk]. This includes information provided at the time of registering for email.
- alerts as part of our site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you
Please note that this website also contains link buttons and content from various social media networks, so that you can easily share content from our website with
your social media networks. If you use these features, these social media sites may store cookies on your device/computer. Information on the cookies used can be found in the information given on these sites. Please visit these social media sites directly to read the information about which cookies may be stored on your
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and We may contact you about these.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ogden of Harrogate or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ogden of Harrogate, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This site is intended for visitors over the age of 18. Ogden of Harrogate will not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18. If you are under
the age of 18, you may not use this website unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires. After this period, your personal information will be deleted from our systems.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these
websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check
these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
We endeavour to keep product information as up to date as possible. However, specifications are liable to change without notice. Product photographs are intended to illustrate the particular model as best they can. While every effort is made to provide accurate and up to date information we can not be held responsible for any errors or omission on our website.
We endeavour to ensure that all pricing information onwww.ogdenharrogate.co.uk is accurate, sometimes an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If a pricing error is discovered or an order is placed at the erroneous price we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
All orders made by you through www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.
After submitting an order to us we will send you an order acknowledgement email with your order number and details of the goods that you have ordered. Please note this email is an acknowledgement and is not an acceptance of your order.
Any email or other electronic acknowledgement by us of receipt of an order placed by you does not constitute legal acceptance by us of your order.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We will not be held responsible for any injury, accidents or damage to property which might occur in the use or misuse of our products.
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the service and products that we provide are to your satisfaction, in the event of you having a complaint then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use one of the contact details below.
Ogden of Harrogate Ltd
38 James Street
www.ogdenharrogate.co.uk is a website operated by Ogden of Harrogate Limited, a company registered in England under company number 1599935. Its business address and registered office is Ogden of Harrogate Ltd, 38 James Street, Harrogate HG1 1RQ.
Tel: +44 (0)1423 504123